The market imposes a pace of innovation and cost efficiency which is very difficult to achieve with traditional management methods. Iterative lifecycles are imposed on methods in a cascade, not only in the field of software development. IT departments are gradually adopting agile methodologies at all levels of management and decisions. Work frameworks such as SAFe® and DSDM are increasingly common in large organisations. Agile is spreading as its results are demonstrated, and words like Scrum, Kanban and Lean are starting to become common on R&D, sales, and marketing teams and in other areas of the business. Focus on the frequent delivery of value, collaboration with the client, the capacity to adapt to changes, and continuous improvement is increasing the performance of teams and the value of an organisation.
However, making the transition to these new management models is not simple, as it requires a strong commitment from teams and a significant cultural change in the organisation. At Netmind we collaborate with IT teams to help them to adopt these new forms of Agile management in an autonomous, agile, collaborative and effective way.
- Agile Training – Agile management training programmes
- Agile Talent – Definition of new profiles for undertaking Agile management and associated development plans
- Agile Culture – Programmes for the creation of a powerful Agile culture
- Agile Organisation – Definition of new organisational structures for Agile management
- Agile Roadmap – Workshops for defining an Agile adoption plan in an organisation or team
- Agile Radar – Workshops for analysing the situation and maturity of Agile management in an organisation or team
- Agile Teams – Training and assistance for the adoption of Agile practices on teams
- Agile Enterprises – Training plans, consulting, assistance and change management for the adoption of Agile management models in large organisations
Successful IT Projects
Almost 20% of projects started should already be considered failures (PMI, “Pulse of the Profession”, 2016), 52% suffer problems, and only 29% can really be considered a success (completed within deadlines and costs and achieving the expected business objectives). The most recent studies on the results of projects managed with agile methodologies place the success of these projects at below 40%. Regardless of the methodology used, whether traditional or Agile, can an IT department or organisation really guarantee the success of all its projects? Surely not, or at least not 100%. There are countless internal and external factors which affect the success of projects, and controlling them all is almost impossible. Even so, working each day to try to get closer to this objective should be an aspiration of all IT teams.
At Netmind we believe that all IT Departments and Organisations should have policies, methodologies, resources and tools designed to continuously improve their capacity for managing and executing projects successfully, as well as for detecting, rectifying and/or closing failed projects as soon as possible. To do so, we work with IT teams to help them to guarantee the success of their projects, or at least to be closer to achieving this each day.
- PM Training – Project, Programme and Portfolio Management training programmes
- PM Talent – Definition of Project Management profiles and development plans
- PM Culture – Programmes for the creation of a common culture of Project Management
- PM Methodology – Definition of new Project Management methodologies
- PM Improvement – Training, workshops and assistance for optimising Project Management
- PM Radar – Workshops for analysis of the situation and maturity of Project Management
- PM Enterprises – Training programmes, consulting and assistance and management of change for the adoption of new Project Management methodologies in large organisations
- PM I-Team – Creation and streamlining of teams for the continuous improvement of Project Management
IT for Business Success
As technology takes on a more prominent role in organisations, there is greater pressure on the IT department to offer services and solutions, becoming a differentiating and strategic factor for the success of the business. It is no longer sufficient to deliver solutions and services on time, with the planned quality, functionality and costs; it is absolutely necessary to guarantee that they provide the expected value in an agile and flexible manner. Today, the most demanded skills on IT teams are related with the vision of the business, strategic thought, and the capacity for effective communication – key skills for Business Analysis. In this sense, Business Analysis is one of the fastest growing areas in all IT departments of large organisations, becoming a basic function for guaranteeing proper alignment between the business strategy and IT.
However, are IT departments and organisations really prepared to successfully carry out this function. At Netmind we collaborate with IT teams to help them to define the best way to achieve this, as well as adopting new management models which allow them to identify and construct solutions and services which provide a true differentiating value to the business.
- BA Training – Business Analysis training programmes
- BA Talent – Definition of Business Analysis profiles and development plans
- BA Culture – Programmes for the creation of a common culture of Business Analysis
- BA Methodology – Definition of new Business Analysis methodologies
- BA Organisation – Definition of new organisational structures for the adoption of the Business Analysis function
- BA Improvement – Training, workshops and assistance to optimise the Business Analysis function
- BA Radar – Workshops for analysing the situation and maturity of the Business Analysis function
- BA Enterprises – Training programmes, consulting, assistance and change management for the adoption of the Business Analysis function in large organisations
Smart IT Services
In an economic environment as dynamic as at present, where the success of organisations largely depends on their capacity for adapting to changes and knowing how to take advantage of Information Technology to obtain a competitive advantage, IT departments and organisations are faced with the need to adapt their management models and processes to be able to deliver services in an agile and efficient way – doing more and faster, often without having more resources to do so. Traditional models of IT service governance and management, oriented toward guaranteeing stability, scalability and security of these services, have been overwhelmed by the current needs of IT departments and organisations which, without giving up these principles, must be able to quickly respond to the needs of the business.
At Netmind we are convinced that the best way to achieve this is not to abandon traditional management models such as ITIL® or COBIT® 5 for new models oriented toward the agile delivery of services such as DevOps or LeanIT, but to combine, with common sense, the best of both worlds in a new concept of agile management of IT services, Smart IT Services. To achieve this, we help IT teams to define new models of Agile Management for Services, which allow them to streamline their capacity for responding to change, while guaranteeing their stability, scalability and security.
- SITS Training – Training programmes on Governance and Agile Management of IT Services
- SITS Talent – Definition of profiles and development plans for Agile Management of IT Services
- SITS Culture – Programmes for the creation of a common culture of Agile Management of IT Services
- SITS Methodology – Definition of new methodologies of Agile Management of IT Services
- SITS Improvement – Training, workshops and assistance for streamlining and optimising the Management of IT Services
- SITS Radar – Workshops for analysing the situation and maturity of the Governance and Management of IT Services in an organisation
- SITS Enterprises – Training programmes, consulting, assistance and management of change for the adoption of new methodologies of Agile Management of IT Services
- SITS I-Team – Creation and streamlining of teams for continuous improvement of Management of IT Services